Friday, March 09, 2007

Spring Broke

Hard to believe my spring break is now over. I wish I had more to report for the week but the truth is I've squandered my break by spending most of it flat on my ass. At promptly 9pm last Friday night, I came down with the worst flu I've ever had and am still recovering from it. It was the kind of flu that left me bargaining with the illness gods to give me something else to suffer from. I would have gladly had boils erupt on my face for a few days than have this flu again. At this point, I'd say I'm about 80% back to normal. Spending 3 days asleep and adhering to a strict diet of diluted Gatorade, oyster crackers, and 'redneck risotto' (cream of chicken soup and Minute Rice) has definitely helped.

Weather wise, it's definitely feeling like spring around here. Lots of dripping water - both outside and inside our apartment. (Long story - let's just say it involves lots of buckets and our landlord on an extension ladder with an ax trying to bust up the ice dam above our bathroom.) I'm bummed that I've missed the opportunity to do some decent outside riding this week. The plan for next week is to get the Surly out and ride to work at least 2 days - especially since the temps are supposed to be in the 50s. I feel like I've lost a lot of ground this past week. I did go to the gym once to walk on the treadmill and felt utterly exhausted after 30 minutes. I'll do my best not to be discouraged this next week but I know I'm going to be bitter over how hard everything is going to feel. I just have to remember that it truly could be so much worse....

Anyway - I'm off to enjoy this weekend and get ready for classes to start up again. This weekend brings a birthday party for my neices (turning 4 and 7) which means seeing my whole family and eating BIRTHDAY CAKE! And if that doesn't cure me, I don't know what will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home