Friday, March 02, 2007

Spring Break?

Well, I'm officially on my first spring break in five years. Woo hoo. Too bad it looks like this outside.....

It's actually not this bad since this picture is from the blizzard we had a month ago. But we are under some sort of winter weather warning and it's supposed to be unseasonally cold all week. Super sweet spring break.

Not too much going on around here - I'm off the happy pills and my ear is ringing just as loud as ever. Luckily I managed to escape the rumored mullet/flannel shirt side effect of taking steroids. Though I think maybe they had something to do with my ability to hang in on a 30 mile bike ride last weekend. At first I thought that maybe I was in decent shape, but we all know that's just not true. Had to be the 'roids. I'm not sure what to do about my ear now - it's such a stupid thing. But it's to the point now where it's so loud that I feel like other people can hear it when they're around me. I hate to think of going back to the doctor - especially with our crappy health insurance and due to the fact that my car decided to do its interpretation of the Exxon Valdez on Monday and now I've got about $400 of repairs to take care of. I know - boo hoo. I have such a bad life. Wah.

In other news, I am rockin and rollin on my Summit for Someone donations - thanks to everyone who has donated thus far. I've had a few really huge donations - most notably my uncle, my incredible husband, and my best friend - that have really helped me gain some ground. But it's simply the generosity of all the people I know that will get me there and I am blown away by the support! As of today, I have 183 more days of training to go before the climb. I have been doing fairly well with my training - I've finally settled into some sort of routine although I seem to stray at least once each week. This week, I skipped Wednesday night to go for a walk with Steve - which I would have counted as some sort of exercise had we not stopped at the bar for a few beers on the way home. I definitely made up for it with a long, hard workout yesterday - Thursdays are now treadmill and stepmill interval days. I've been adding 5 minutes to the stepmill each week and I'm now up to 30 minutes. If you're not familiar with a stepmill, it's a continuous rotating stairway like an escalator. I hate it but I know that it's going to make a huge difference. I'm also looking forward to chick flick Friday this afternoon, especially since it's crummy enough outside to justify riding the trainer indoors.

Anyhoo - gotta go now. I have to learn my disease for the week so I can get on with my day. Last week it was Guillian-Barre, this week it's Myesthenia Gravis. See how smart I am??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home