Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Happy Pills

Ever since I had a nasty bout with poison ivy last spring, I've been trying to figure out ways to get back on steroid pills without having to deal with itchy, blistery patches of skin. Who knew it was as easy as having excess fluid in your ear? I've been dealing with an annoying ringing in my right ear for the past month. Actually, the word 'ringing' doesn't really do it justice. It's more like the sound you hear when you accidentally dial a fax machine.... Anyway, after convincing myself that I had a brain tumor, I finally went to the doctor today to have it checked out. They did a few crazy tests in my ears, found some fluid, and fifteen minutes later I was on my way to pick up my beloved steriods from the pharmacy. What's so great about steroids, you ask? Well, the last time I took them I was able to sit at my desk in my office for three straight days without getting pissed off at anyone. For those who know how much I 'loved' my old job, that was a major accomplishment. The doctor who prescribed them told me that some people experience a 'heightened sense of well-being' while on the pills. I'll say! Although now that I'm not really angry about anything anymore, I wonder how this round of steroids will affect me. Hope I don't crush the Step Mill at the gym in a 'roid rage......

1 Comments:

At 8:25 AM, Blogger spartacus said...

i knew a girl who took those and she grew a mullet and started wearing flannel shirts

 

Post a Comment

<< Home