Monday, January 08, 2007

My Brain Already Hurts

This picture kept going through my mind today as I was walking around the GRCC campus, wondering where everyone else was. I was confused about when my class started but I figured it wasn't today since when I went to my classroom, it was dark and locked. Thanks to the guy at the bookstore who told me that classes don't officially start at CC until Thursday. But dang it, I sure do know where to go on Friday morning for my class. Since I was on-campus, I decided to walk through some of the buildings and check out the computer labs. I think I've got a handle on it. The only thing I need to figure out is how to lower the chairs in the computer lab. The one I sat in was so high that my feet didn't touch the ground and when I went to pull the lever to lower it, the back of the chair reclined instead. I can't believe the girl next to me didn't bust out laughing since I damn near fell out of the chair. It's a good thing the computer lab was so quiet since everyone else saw me, too.

The GRCC class (Human Anatomy and Physiology) is the only traditional classroom class I have this semester. All of my other FSU on-line classes started today. I'm still trying to get my head around the on-line forums. I think I'm slowly figuring it out. I don't have too much to do this week besides getting used to posting and replying to on-line discussions and I have one dry chapter of my Health Care USA textbook to read. The biggest problem I'm having is that every course is set up differently on-line and I keep getting them all mixed up.

Everything aside, though, it was a good day. I'll be excited to get past all of this intro stuff and get into the subject matter of my classes. I even dragged my squishy butt to the gym after work today. I'm trying not to be discouraged already - I need to give myself a little time to get used to going to the gym again. It's just disheartening when things that used to be reasonably easy are suddenly ass-kicking hard again. Agh.

2 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Blogger spartacus said...

and always remember the immortal words of Dean Vernon Wormer - "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life . . ."

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Sue said...

Although it sounds like a fun way to go through life...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home