Monday, December 04, 2006

Weekend Top 5

I really need to get better at keeping this thing updated, eh? It's just that my life is so full and exciting that I barely ever have the time to sit down and write about it. Er, something like that. So, I thought I'd do a weekend top 5 to wrap up what was actually a fun and unexpectedly busy weekend. Here goes.....

#5: Cat Bath!

We've been threatening him for some time now but we finally followed through on Friday night and gave Fausto a much needed bath. He did remarkably well this time - much better than the last time when I thought Steve would need stitches for a huge cat gash on his leg. It could have been the nice warm water or the beautiful soothing songs I was singing to him ("Scratchies scratchies scratchies for the kitty in the bath" and other favorites) but I really think Fausto enjoyed his bath. I'm certainly enjoying the fact that he no longer smells like roadkill.

#4: Snorkel Ride

A sunny Saturday morning brought us a Christmas parade in downtown Ada and group ride to follow. There were only six of us who were brave (or dumb) enough to venture out on a mixture of paved and gravel roads in the snow. We had a great time, though, slipping and sliding our way around on our cross bikes. I'll tell you what - the Surly has most definitely proven to be one of the best purchases I've ever made. The ride wasn't dubbed the "Snorkel Ride" until the very end when we found ourselves riding through water up to our skewers where a pond had taken over the bike path we were using. Here we are back at the bike shop, warming up by the fire.

#3: Bluegrass Bonanza

Another group formed on Saturday morning as well. After reading about it in the paper, I suggested to a few people that we check out a bluegrass show on Saturday night at a restaurant in Lowell. The ad in the paper said it was a fundraiser for a bluegrass music association and that $5 at the door would get you food and good music. Cool, right? Well..... let's just say that the picture I had in my mind was not exactly the reality of the bluegrass show. The restaurant was more like some crazy pig museum with no windows and fluorescent lighting. The $5 got us some boiled hotdogs and cookies. Another $5 would get you two cans of beer. And even though there was a bit of uneasiness at the start, we definitely went with the right group of people and ended up having a great time. Here's Tom, Chuck, Steve, Kim and Mackenzie starting the night off right....

Oh yeah, Debby was there too.

Evidently Chloe had a few too many cans of beer.

#2: Christmas Shopping at the MALL

I guess I shouldn't be including this as a top 5 for the weekend since it really sucked. But putting it at number 2 pretty much sums up the experience.

#1: Chili and Biscuits

What better way to end the weekend than with chili and biscuits at Craig and Margo's. Sunday night was really pretty with all of the fluffy snowflakes in the air. Even better was the excuse to make my favorite pumpkin cake recipe again. We had a huge dinner of homemade chili and cheese biscuits and followed it up with cake and ice cream. It's definitely starting to be the time of year when any event with friends is a celebration with lots of food. Yikes. Better get some sweat pants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home