Friday, November 17, 2006

S'Friday

I had promised myself that I'd be better about updating the blog this week..... but it obviously didn't happen :( I had the pleasure of a monster migraine on Monday and have been dealing with its remnants all week. If it goes on much longer, I may have to shoot myself. I did break down and take a pill tonight - hopefully this will be the end of it.

Anyhoo - other than that, it's been an decent week. I didn't ride to work all week except for today, which was absolutely wonderful. Much better than my car commute yesterday when I was driving behind some jackass in an Audi who decided it was better to hit the television that was lying in the middle of the highway than to simply drive past it. I managed to miss at least some of the debris but had to hit a big chunk of it. Luckily, no flat tire yet. I realize now how much of my life I actually take into my hands every time I drive to work. Even though it was dark on my ride home tonight, I feel safer on my bike at any time of the day in any weather than I do in my car. I have to remember this for motivation when it starts getting really crappy outside...

I was feeling particularly energetic on Monday morning (pre-migraine) so I decided to go to a spin class at East Hills. Silly me. Not only did I manage to get the last of the 30 bikes in the spin room but I managed to puke and swallow my half-digested breakfast several times before the class was over. Halfway through the class, I decided to sit out one of the sprinting intervals to calm down my guts. At which point, the instructor felt it was necessary to stand in front of me and yell at me to go faster through her microphone. Bad move, bitch. I was able to keep my cool and just said something like "I got it" through clenched teeth. I should have puked on her. I did apologize after the class was over and she was very cool about it. I guess I just don't respond well to someone yelling at me in front of a mixture of East Grand Rapids soccer moms and Ironman triathletes. I kick my own ass enough.

So - yay! It's the weekend. Not sure what is in store for the next few days but the weather's supposed to be decent at least on Sunday. Here's hoping! And here's a picture!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home