Monday, October 23, 2006

Weakened

Ugh. I'm beat. It's Monday morning, almost 11am and I'm still in my jammies and just starting in on my first cup of coffee. What a slug am I! I should be getting ready to ride to work. But I'm not. Ugh.

This weekend was great, though. We volunteered at a "Beers of the World" event on Saturday night, pouring beer samples and doing some marketing for West Side Distributing. My friend Cathy and I were the bartenders at the "innovation" table. We had 6 different beers that were either new to the market or not quite on the market in the U.S. yet. We also had these little hotel mouthwash-bottle looking things that are being marketed as beer flavorings. They're 2 ounce bottles of 12% malt liquor in flavors like lime, melon, and chocolate that you add to your beer to make it tastier. And although we weren't supposed to, we did sample all of them. A lot. And they are nasty :( This is what the back of our pouring station looked like....

Sunday morning brought us a lot of rain and wind. And a KissCross race out at Cannonsburg Ski Area. As bad as the weather was, the turnout for the race was huge! The turnout for the first annual Log Pull, though, was less than huge. It could have been due to the rain and the wind and the 40 degree temperature and maybe the fact that the masochists that set up the race course made it so impossibly hard that we saw someone actually crying before the race start and another person quit after the first 100 yards. Oh well. We did have four guys who saw the beauty of the Log Pull and gave it their best. Here's the winner, who was able to manage a full pull.


I refuse to let the Log Pull dream die and I promise that next year's event will be bigger and better. And harder - this guy made it look way too easy!

Well, guess I'm off to work now. It's so great to not have that terrible feeling of dread before going into work. I can actually enjoy the whole weekend now without the depression that used to set in on Sunday afternoons. Hope you all have a great week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home