Friday, October 20, 2006

60 Surly Miles


Ahhh.... just got home from my fourth commute of the week. It's so much more fun on a bike that can handle potholes and tar chips. I love my new bike - even though it's a beast, I have no choice but to get stronger when I ride it. My boss at Velocity is awesome and has offered me a free wheelset on the condition that I stop riding the crappy wheels that all of my bikes seem to have. At the moment, I'm thinking of eggplant-purple Deep V's with black guts. I'm hoping to learn how to build them next week.

My commute to work is so great! It's 15 miles round-trip with a few rolling hills. The roads are mostly residential, with a few hairy intersections and a few busy segments closer to downtown. With my hellish 12-5 schedule (!), I manage to miss most of the heavy traffic and have run into a few friends (on bikes and in cars) on occasion. I'm not sure that I can really say that I've truly adopted the One Less Car philosophy since I love my car, too, but it's a good feeling to know that I've only driven it once this week :) It's also good to know that I'm doing something to burn off all the candy corn I've been eating the last few weeks too.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home