Saturday, November 04, 2006

Eating Cake Makes Me.......

HAPPY!
I swear, I'm going to weigh 300 pounds by the end of the year. All I want to do lately is stay inside my house and cook and bake and eat. I made the tastiest pumpkin cake last night and wanted to share the recipe so I won't be alone in my fatness..... It's super easy and cheap to make and it gave me the chance to use my new Bundt pan for the first time. Next time, I'll try not to break the cake in half when shaking it out of the pan. I was so disappointed, even as I ate the big chunk that fell off in the pan. Here's the recipe - enjoy!
Pumpkin Cake
1 pkg. yellow cake mix (18.25 oz)
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil (I used canola but vegetable would work. Applesauce would be healthier...)
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 cup water
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
4 large eggs (or 1 cup egg substitute)
Whipped topping (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a standard-size Bundt pan, a 9x13" baking pan, or two 9" cake pans. Mix everything together in a large bowl and beat until blended. Transfer to baking pan(s) and bake for 45 minutes or until cake tests done.
Voila! Cake!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home