Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Celebrity Update

So... I guess I was too busy being a celebrity yesterday to update the blog. Such is the life.

Actually, I was too busy getting my ass kicked at work to do anything but sit around once I finally made it home. We received a freight shipment containing almost 5,ooo rims yesterday morning and had to unpack and organize them before we could start on our inch-thick backorder log. We're only a third of the way through it after shipping orders all day today. Aside from being on my feet all day, I'm enjoying the opportunity to work more hours. It will really help, especially since I made my first tuition payment yesterday as well. Ouch.

The commuter thing was pretty fun. The guy (Barnaby - although I'm just going to call him B for typing's sake) and his camera crew showed up at my house around 10am and did a short interview with me in the driveway. B made sure to point out the cat hair on my shirt. After the interview, they wanted to get some shots of me getting "suited up" for the commute. They also mounted a small spy camera on my helmet. Some spy camera - it was attached to a camcorder by no less than 5 big wires. I had to wear an extra bag around my neck to carry the camcorder and ride with the wires dangling from the left side of my head. I rode with the helmet cam for the first half of my commute, through the Eastown traffic and up the hill on Plymouth. Then they mounted the camera to my handle bars to get a shot of my big fat face as I'm riding along. My double chin is sure to be glooooorious on TV. The whole time I was riding, they were driving with the big TV camera hanging out of their van. I had to ride some streets I don't usually ride and my normally 30ish minute commute took nearly 2 hours. Once I got to work, they followed me into the warehouse and asked me a few more questions once I had changed into my work clothes. All in all, it probably took 2 1/2 hours to get enough to run a 5-minute blurb on the news. But yay for bike commuting! I hope this at least gets people to be a little more considerate of me and my friends when we're out there on the roads this winter. My favorite part of the whole day was telling B that I wanted to punch the weather lady's face in with the spy camera on my fist for all of her terrible forecasts. I doubt they'll include that in their story.

Tonight we went to the annual Underwear Party at the Ada Grill, put on by a friend who collects packages of new underwear and tube socks for the homeless. He's been doing this for several years now and tonight's party collected two huge garbage bags full of socks and undies. Lots of friends and food and beer - definitely a good time.

Here's a new picture:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home