Sunday, February 04, 2007

Woo Hoo!

Yay! It snowed! A lot! We actually got the blizzard everyone was talking about. It started snowing and blowing on Saturday morning and didn't stop all day. I attempted to go to my class (which wasn't cancelled) and was all ready to spend the day finishing up my clinical skills lessons but just as we were settling in, the GRCC campus police came by to tell us they were shutting down the campus and we all had to leave. Arg. Good information to have had a few hours beforehand.

So I walked back home and met up with Steve so we could walk downtown to the MMBA meeting. It was a brutal walk into the wind that was steadily getting colder. And I'm so smart - only wearing jeans for a 2-mile walk in subzero wind chill. I thought I was going to lose a layer of skin on my legs. Good thing my husband is so nice and let me wear his long johns for the walk home.

Once we got home, we sat on the couch and watched the on-going news report about the weather and all of the multiple car pile-ups on the highway. After about 45 minutes of hearing the same story several times over, we decided to bundle up and go back outside. Our mission was to walk to the post office to mail a birthday card to Steve's grandma, who will be 101 years old on Monday. Wow. Our walk was great - here are some pictures:

We were pretty worn out once we got home - it's a lot of work to walk through snow up to your knees! We basically vegged out the rest of the day and had a wonderful dinner of pork tenderloin, risotto, and spinach salad. I took a picture of it but it really didn't turn out well so you'll just have to take my word for it - I was pretty impressed by myself :)

Today was a lot of catching up on school stuff and grocery shopping. We went to Margo's yoga class and I think I'll be lucky if I can get out of bed tomorrow. Hopefully the brownies that are baking in the oven at the moment will chase away the pain. We've been fighting with our TV antenna for the last hour, trying to get the Superbowl station to come in clearly. So far, we've moved the TV and the antenna into several configurations and have added some tinfoil accents to the tips of the antenna. But it still pretty much sucks. Anyway - here's to a week of great snow ahead!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home