Sunday, January 14, 2007

B is for......

1. Boo-hoo: I instated "Chick Flick Friday" this week and will try to continue this all month and possibly all of February. Since I'm not working on Fridays and should have most of my classwork done, I'm renting chick flicks and watching them while I ride my bike trainer on Friday afternoons. This week I rented "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" and rode the trainer for 90 minutes at 75% of my max heart rate. I felt great - it's definitely a workout I can stick to for awhile.

2. Boredom: I had the first of four Saturday clinical skills classes this weekend. It wasn't too bad - just a lot of emphasis on things I pretty much already know such as the proper way to wash your hands, how to take off dirty latex gloves, etc. Luckily, the next three classes are about things I don't know so I'm hoping they'll be a little more exciting.

3. Broken: While I was in class, Steve was out doing this to his bike:

For those not familiar with bicycle anatomy, the rear derailleur is not supposed to point upward and touch the spokes of the back wheel.

4. Bummer: I had heard a rumor but now I know it's official - the guy who did the commuter story on me for the local news got FIRED recently and I'm pretty sure that the story is not going to air. I guess I'll just have to wait some more for my day in the sun.....

1 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, Blogger spartacus said...

Your last entry was January 14, 2007.

It is now January 20, 2007.

This is unacceptable.

You are neglecting your blog obligations (oblogations?).

I guess "B" is also for too BUSY.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home