Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Scratching the Itch

Ahhhh......relief! The spring itch has been lurking for a while now - even the flu I had last week wasn't enough to fully extinguish it. So finally it's been nice enough to really get a bike out and RIDE IT without wearing several layers of stiff clothing or having to avoid huge patches of snow and ice. Steve and I got out on Sunday and got in a nearly 40-mile ride. It wasn't super warm but it was sunny and dry and that's all I need. We rode a loop northwest of GR (redneck country) and ended our ride at Founder's for some post-ride refreshments. Perhaps I would look more like an athlete if I didn't inhale peanuts and beer after every ride....Yesterday was even warmer and I rode to work for the first time in what feels like ages. I tried a new route to work and loved it! It's more of a direct route through mostly residential neighborhoods so it's more of a pleasant ride instead of the angry, trafficky, and pot-holey route I normally take. Today's ride, though, was the best of the week. Although terribly windy, it was sunny and 70 degrees - just the thing my hibernating soul needed. I did hear a cruel joke that it's supposed to snow on Thursday. We'll just see how that pans out but at least for now I'm feeling a bit more alive and ready to push on through until spring gets here for good.

1 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi sue! i found your link on danielle's blog. glad to hear you're out riding. colorado has been sunny and warm and FINALLY i'm out riding again! ahhhhh.....

take care!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home