Saturday, June 28, 2008

Wrap Up

In an attempt to be better about keeping this thing current, here I am with another post! I just wish I had something exciting to report. But if you don't know me by now, you'll soon realize that not much is happening in my little world lately. Which is honestly a good thing....

A couple of things from this past week, though. Steve and I attended a pretty cool forum on Wednesday night in downtown GR to put our two cents into the city's new master plan. We were part of a group that discussed how to implement bike lanes into the existing city streets and how to connect different areas of the city by bypassing major traffic routes. Pretty cool stuff. There will be two more public forums in the future and I urge all of my GR peeps to consider attending. Oh - and you may become local celebrities like us :)

Work has been crazy lately. We're currently getting ready to move from our little 3,000 sq. foot warehouse into one that's nearly 16,000 sq. feet. And we're trying to work through it. It will definitely be stressful but I added to that stress yesterday by driving our forklift halfway through the overhead door in the back of the warehouse. The door wasn't pushed up high enough to clear the forklift so as I was backing out to move a pallet, I didn't realize this until I heard the CRACK of the door being ripped out of its frame. Luckily my coworkers came to my rescue with a few hammers and prybars (and lots of four letter words) and got the door back into "shape" within a half hour. I'm so glad I have such a cool boss.

See? Nothing exciting. Although I want to pass along my cousin Brian's blog - he and his wife Shibani are in Nepal to celebrate their one year wedding anniversary and make their marriage official according to Nepalese traditions. They are staying with Shibani's family and have had quite an adventure so far. We went to their wedding last year where they had both American and Hindu wedding ceremonies - it was a gorgeous day.

And finally - Steve and I took a trip out to the lake last Sunday to unwind and watch the sunset. We got kind of bored waiting for the sun to set....

But then it finally did.....So that's that. Hope to have more entertaining news in the near future :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home