Thursday, March 20, 2008

4 Realz

I didn't take this picture but Steve and I saw these at the hoopty Meijer last weekend and I'm so ticked that we didn't buy one! I especially like Dude Bunny - straight cold playa.

So we're finally past the Kisscross Alleycat and have pretty much recovered from it. What a riot - we had almost 70 racers (although we'd only planned for about 45....) and a gorgeous sunny day. What more could we ask for? For those unfamiliar, an alleycat is basically a scavenger hunt bike race. Alleycats originated in bigger cities where bike messengers would compete to see who could complete all of their tasks and stops in the fastest time. This was the third Kisscross alleycat here in GR and by far the biggest. Steve and I planned the route this year and we included a timed stop, a stop at the top of a 2-story snow pile, and (of course) the obligatory beer-chug stop with the added bonus of having to eat a marshmallow Peep before continuing on. Lots of pictures posted here - we're definitely already looking forward to next year! (And huge thanks to Rick and Cathy for bringing the alleycat to GR!!)

Not much else to report - my spring break is over and it was back to the grind this week. But I think we're pretty much done with winter. I saw my first robin last Friday and, aside from a few stubborn little snowpiles at the end of the driveway, our yard is clear. Now there's no hiding the fact that we didn't rake up the last of the leaves that fell before the snow hit.
Anyway - here's to sunny days ahead and no more snow. At least I hope so.....






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home