Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Gah!

Four things to sum up the last few weeks:
1. Looking for a job. My Christmas present from work was being told that I wasn't going to be put on the schedule due to a lack of billable work. As much as I'm going to miss spending my days working outside in the snow with a metal detector, trying to find steel monitoring well covers in parking lots full of rebar, I know that these things usually happen for a reason - see item #2.

2. Finding a job. I am thrilled to report that I will be returning to work at Velocity within the next week. A little voice in the back of my head has been telling me that I should have never left. But sometimes it takes a sellout to realize that you cannot be bought. I'm also definitely looking forward to commuting again, even if it's only a few miles down the road from our house.

3. Painting. I thought since I had some time on my hands, I would use it to do some home improvements. Although I was successful in killing the lavender on the walls in our kitchen, my sage green paint dried a much mintier shade than I expected. And I like it.
4. Training. My Mt. Washington climb is now a mere 24 days away so I've been working to regain some of my conditioning that's been lost over the last several months. My training has mostly consisted of riding on my trainer until I'm so bored I want to cry. I have managed a few short outside rides since the weather's been decent the last few days, although being run into the ditch by a man in a van makes me want to stay inside for the rest of the winter. Seriously.

So..... happy 2008 to everyone - I'll be sure to post some California pictures when we get back from our trip. For now, you'll just have to enjoy a cat picture (this one's for you, Margo....).

1 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Blogger Margo Burian said...

you know how I love a good cat picture!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home