Sunday, September 30, 2007

October?

Wow - I can hardly believe that it's already October. It's even more unbelievable that it's been a MONTH since my trip to Mt. Rainier! Time just doesn't stand still for anything, does it?
All is going well on this front - school, work, and unpacking the house are keeping me busy busy busy. Steve just got back from a whirlwind trip to Las Vegas last week and I realized that I cannot sleep alone in this house just yet. Too many noises that I can't identify in the dark.... Since I don't have much to report, I'll fill this post with lots of pictures. The first few are of the house - the new tree we planted in the front yard last weekend, my new mum, and an activity that came to an abrupt end when we realized our climbing shoes leave big black marks on our brick walls....

I have been squeezing in some riding here and there, as well. Not as much as I'd like and definitely not as much as I should be doing to prepare for the Iceman in a little over a month but I'll be stepping it up in the next week. I have been commuting to my class downtown on Mondays and it's a wonderful flat and easy ride. Steve and I rode our mountain bikes at Yankee Springs Rec Area on Friday and had a blast in the early fall weather. Then it was off to Lansing for the Kisscross race downtown along the river. I haven't done a cyclocross race in two years but had a great time in the "C" division, duking it out with a guy on a single speed who beat me by a wheel at the finish line. It didn't matter - I was just happy to be make it over the barriers without falling on my face. Here a few photos:
And it just wouldn't be right of me not to include a picture of Steve in his race. It IS a mighty fine action shot, if I do say so myself.....Have a great week and I'll try my hardest not to let another month go by without a new and exciting post from me!

1 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Blogger spartacus said...

This blog entry is so old it's starting to grow whiskers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home