Thursday, March 27, 2008

Spring Training

This is what approximately 16 lbs of cat food looks like crammed into a small messenger bag. And yes, I weighed it. I had this strange feeling as I was packing it that my impromptu ride to the Humane Society was going to turn into more of a pilgrimage than a ride. But luckily I was wrong. It was just a slow ride in the swooshy spring wind under a big bright sun. The cat food is what we collected at the alleycat a few weekends ago - one of the tasks during the race was to buy a can of cat food (NOT a can of potatoes as one, er, rider did). The kitties at the shelter have lots of tasty food to eat now. And I'll tell you what - it's a good thing I was on my bike yesterday because if I had driven there, all of those kitties would have come home with me. I made the mistake of walking through the shelter before I started for home - just the cat part since I couldn't bring myself to walk through the dog door - and now I'm trying to convince both Steve and Fausto that there is room in our house for one more cat. I guess we'll see....

1 Comments:

At 12:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Perfume, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://perfumes-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home